Ever have those periods in life when you feel as though you’re just existing? Things are getting done. Life is good. But your sense of adventure-that fire inside that spurs you to do big things-has been on sabbatical just a little too long? Me, too. And one thing I’ve learned when those times hit is that I can’t begin to live there…I have to set my sights on what’s ahead. And since today is my birthday, it’s the perfect time to look ahead and write out my “wish list”…actually more of a “bucket list” for the next 365 days. In this next year, I want to:
- Begin each day with a smile. Life is too short to let the little things, like a morning routine, set a bad tone for the day.
- See the best in others, even when it’s hard.
- Be a leader others remember later on in their careers for having inspired them.
- Write at least one thank you note each day. There’s much to be grateful for, and handwritten notes do it beautifully.
- Forgive easily and forget often.
- Allow Jesus to be the pilot–a daily, conscious effort.
- Dig deeper with friends, and cast off life-suckers.
- Take a dream from “some day” to “this year”.
- Remain sticky through the peaks and valleys.
- Actively seek our more opportunities to invest in others-through time and resources.
- Use Every day of my vacation time! I love my work, but I love my life more.
- Be a 3-c parent as my kiddo hits the preteen years: connected, compassionate, and consistent.
Whoa, nelly. Looks like a big year ahead. If you were making this list, what would you add?